{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

7/2/13

Adulthood by the Cards

Making use of our new zoo membership.
It's funny the things that make me feel like an adult. You would think the little girl we have running around, whom we are raising and make important life decisions for, would have sealed this but it didn't. No it seems tiny badges of adulthood for me mostly come in the form of membership cards. Back in January we became Costco members. Checking out the first time, carts piled high with bagels, applesauce and enough butter and Cascade to last the year, I felt like an adult. Heck, I felt like my mother. I'm pretty sure I even whispered to Adam, "Look, it's we're real adults!" Shortly after, we added the Target debit card since it's practically the only place we shop & you get additional savings with no added costs. You know who collects grocery store benefit cards? 

Moms. 
Mama and Maevey.
Last week another card of the truly grownup variety slipped into my wallet. We are official Zoo members. You hear that? We go to the Zoo so much it made more sense to just buy a membership. Before Maeve the last time I had gone to the Zoo was sometime in San Diego when I was a teenager. I realize this is not abnormal, that it eventually gets ticked off of most mother's activity lists. But there was something very weird about knowing we were the kind of people who are Zoo members. Who do our shopping on Fridays at Costco and Target, and pop into the Zoo at least once a week. Who meal plan, and coupon cut, check the news and weather forecasts. Attend birthday parties and arrange play dates. Compare doctors and schools and neighborhoods and cars.  
Daddy & Maevey.
Adulthood has snuck into our lives.

No comments: